Until now we have always shipped 3 IEC cables with every LPC X, VLC and VLC+, fitted with plugs for UK, US and EU sockets.
We have felt for some time that this is extremely wasteful – two (if not all) of them will be thrown away, depending on both the geographical location of the project and the final installation of mains distribution for these rack-mount units.
As part of a company-wide effort to reduce our environmental footprint we will no longer include these cables with rack-mounted devices by default. Instead, a cable with the required plug may be requested when placing an order for one of these devices or can easily be sourced locally.
Additionally, we have discontinued the nickel variants of our TPC, TPS and BPS devices. While the products are completely safe, the process used to create this bezel uses chemicals that we would prefer to avoid. Although this does not affect the safety of the end product, we felt that we would do less harm to the environment, and the workers involved, if we discontinued that colour. The new default is the sleek black-on-black (BB) finish that looks elegant.
We will work with our customers during the transition to ensure you are receiving the expected products.
We are always striving to figure out how we can be even more environmentally friendly. However, our products are designed to have as little impact as possible, as demonstrated through the benefits below:
- Purpose designed for LED control – encourages use of energy-efficient lighting sources
- Reliable hardware – 10+ year life expectancy reduces waste
- Future-proofing and backward compatibility reduces obsolescence
- Low power controllers – typically 4W for LPC & TPC
- RoHS/WEEE compliant production and full end-of-life recycling
- Software tools, features and utilities enable remote access, reducing site visits