Interactive lighting installation represents real-time activity within the Architectural Association campus.
- 42 wireless seat/door sensors and 5 IP cameras generate Modbus and Ethernet trigger data for the Pharos LPC
- Over 100 PIR occupancy sensors wired to 16 networked RIO 80s, transmit contact closure triggers
- Triggers are processed by the LPC 1 to illuminate the 1014 white LEDs comprising the 3D model, each representing spaces within the rooms and corridors of the five buildings
- The LPC generates a log of all activity for recording and web access
- An alternative playback mode propels the observer at high speed through the building’s past activity
Installation: Architectural Association, London
Photos: © Alex Haw & Sue Barr