Pharos is staffed by talented individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds. We offer a rewarding, flexible, supportive working environment, as well as on-site training to develop your skills.
Our current vacancies are listed below, but you are also welcome to make a speculative application by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also shown below are vacancies at our sister company Carallon – a product development company that provides R&D services to Pharos.
|Salary||Competitive, dependent on level of experience|
|Working Hours||Full-time (37.5 hours/week) or part-time (at least 22.5 hours/week)|
|Reporting||Group Marketing Manager|
|Location||Carallon offices, Ealing Broadway, London W5 (The post holder may be required to work at other locations, at the discretion of their line manager.)|
Carallon is a product development company specialising in control systems for the entertainment industry. It is part of a group alongside industry-leading brands Pharos Architectural Controls, Brompton Technology and SixEye.
Pharos Architectural Controls provides advanced lighting control solutions for architecture, themed entertainment and other specialist industries. Our award-winning products are installed across the world, running day and night in international landmarks, theme parks, shopping malls, stadiums, art installations, museums and airports.
Brompton Technology is an award-winning specialist manufacturer of video processing products for the film, TV, broadcast, and live events industries. Its Tessera system is the market-leading processing solution for LED video walls, used on everything from huge global world tours to pioneering virtual production and virtual studios.
SixEye provides SaaS (Software as a Service) enabling best in class remote management of professional control systems, with particular focus on the AV, lighting and entertainment environment. Secure device management features include firmware and file upload, triggering, real time status, logging and more.
The Carallon group is close-knit and highly motivated with a keen interest in the products it creates. Candidates should be similarly interested in the work involved and be able to adapt to changing priorities as we bring original and ground-breaking products to market. The group's close ties to the entertainment industry bring a variety of benefits and we offer a very friendly, flexible and supportive working environment.
The Technical Writer will work within our group-wide marketing team working across all our brands. The successful candidate will create and maintain user manuals and other customer-facing technical documentation for our Pharos, Brompton and SixEye brands, working independently but in consultation with the product management and technical support teams for each brand and under the direction of an experienced marketing manager.
- Work closely with the development team and product management to gain a clear understanding of new products and features and act as a conduit for this knowledge to the marketing team
- Work with product management and the marketing team to develop a full understanding of the audience and requirements for our technical documentation
- Create and maintain user manuals (online and print formats) for Pharos, Brompton and SixEye as required
- Prepare or commission graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Assist our technical support teams in preparing training material
- Act as a channel to understand user needs and participate in the process of refining usability and feature requests with the development teams
- Coordinate translation of technical documentation into other languages as required
- Collaborate with the marketing team and product management to help produce all other technical product documentation (including product/feature videos, data sheets, release notes, application notes etc.) in a timely and accurate manner
- Degree or equivalent direct experience (5 years) in a technical subject, such as Computer Science, Physical Science, Engineering or equivalent in a technical industry
- Significant experience (3 years or more) of technical writing, producing technical documentation ideally for software products with a portfolio of previous work
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Strong interest in technology
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to audiences of varying technical knowledge and understanding
- Excellent team working and collaborative skills
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines, managing multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge or experience of stage or architectural lighting, or LED video, or live event production or a related industry
- Experience using Madcap Flare
- Some experience of web design or working with markup languages, e.g. HMTL, CSS, MU
- Some experience with programming languages
- Some experience of storyboarding and scripting both articles and videos, technical or otherwise
- Some experience of working with 3D rendering tools, such as Cinema4D, Blender for creating product renders
- Some experience of working with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- A working knowledge of any additional foreign languages