Pharos is staffed by talented individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds. We offer a rewarding, flexible, supportive working environment, as well as on-site training to develop your skills.
Our current vacancies are listed below, but you are also welcome to make a speculative application by sending your CV to email@example.com.
Also shown below are vacancies at our sister company Carallon – a product development company that provides R&D services to Pharos.
|Salary||Recent graduates: £28,000 plus opportunity for performance bonuses. With work experience: dependent on level of experience|
|Working Hours||Full-time (37.5 hours/week)|
Carallon offices, Ealing Broadway, London W5 (The post holder may be required to work at other locations, at the discretion of their line manager.)
Please note that we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this graduate level post. You must have the right to live and work in the UK before applying for this role.
Carallon is a product research and development company creating industry-leading award-winning products. Based in London, we specialist in industrial hardware and software design for the entertainment industry; encompassing lighting control, LED video processing and motion control.
Projects our team designs and manufactures for include:
- The Pharos Architectural Control range of lighting control products used in theme parks and architectural installations worldwide
- The Martin Professional P3 LED Video Wall processors
- The industry-leading Brompton Technology control and processing solution for video walls used in concerts, award shows and television.
We divide our time between contracting work and developing our own products in-house for distribution to a huge international client base.
The Graduate Software Engineer position is within our development team, which works concurrently on a variety of exciting, cutting-edge projects. We offer a very friendly, flexible and supportive working environment, with an internal professional development programme and regular training.
Along with project and line managers, the Graduate Software Engineer will be assigned a senior technical mentor for one-on-one help and support. Our development team is close-knit and highly motivated with a keen interest in the products it creates. A successful candidate should be similarly minded to work in the driven, focused environment required to bring original and ground-breaking products to market.
Programming is mainly in C++ on multiple platforms, and training will be provided where necessary.
- Working on new product features
- Maintaining and bug fixing existing code
- Developing coding and architecture skills
- Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or Mathematics degree undergraduate degree, 2:1 or above, or relevant professional experience
- An interest in computing and technical subjects, and an ability to learn independently with guidance
- Analytical skills, including the ability to understand and reason about complex information from a variety of sources
- Evidence of the ability to work as part of a team, sharing skills, experience and interests with colleagues
- Ability to work independently under the guidance of a senior engineer, taking individual responsibility for work
- Familiarity with Windows
- Interest in, and knowledge of, video or lighting for live entertainment
- C++ programming
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Evidence of independent programming, electronics or similar projects and interests
- Excellent time management, including the ability to prioritise conflicting tasks appropriately
- Demonstrable experience with any of the following skill areas:
- Embedded systems development
- Realtime control
- Graphical user interfaces on desktops, tablets or smartphones
- Experience with Qt framework
- Experience of apps development for iOS/Android.
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Mac/OSX